MANY OF THE FUNDAMENTAL ASSUMPTIONS driving the global warmists projections of future catastrophe are being debunked on a frequent basis lately. These assumptions include challenges to the theory that the Earth climate system is driven by a "greenhouse" effect, that the Sun and other galactic forces are irrelevant, that mathematics and computer science can "solve" the complex equations that the computer models use, and that the models are reasonably accurate representations of the climate system. These challenges are not being made by "deniers" but by independent and well respected mathematicians and physicists around the world.
Facts, however, will not deter President Obama and the True Believers. As happened with the banning of DDT, another ruse unsupported by real science, the environmentalists have made it politically incorrect to disagree and exceedingly embarrassing to admit they are wrong. Obama and other politicians around the world, believers or not, see this as an opportunity to further their own Socialist agendas and extract more money from those with means to distribute to those with needs.
I think they call it man-made climate change now, but yes, your doubts are scientifically sound, Tony.
- Climate Change Draft Undermines U.N.'s Claims. While the IPCC works overtime to spin the Rawls leak, another headache has emerged for the group. Figure 1.4 from the draft shows that the models used to predict warming have projected temperatures higher than the observed temperatures we've seen. The chart also shows that observed temperatures, rather than climbing ever upward, are where they were 15 years ago. Skeptic Anthony Watts calls the chart a bombshell. The media have yawned.
- Man-made global warming: Even the IPCC admits the jig is up. [A] leaked draft of the IPCC's latest report AR5 admits what some of us have suspected for a very long time: that the case for man-made global warming is looking weaker by the day and that the sun plays a much more significant role in "climate change" than the scientific "consensus" has previously been prepared to concede.
- New Report: Man-made Global Warming Is a Farce. The report is actually a massive compilation of scientific studies and news articles from both public and private sources, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).Together they indicate claims of "global warming," "climate change" and "climate disruption" are nothing but a ruse to usher in massive carbon taxes and crippling regulations. Like Pavlov's dog, politicians are conditioned to react to any harsh weather event by drooling for higher taxes, notes the study. Naturally, delegates at the UN conference were not interested in the conclusions of the CFACT study.
- An assessment of current alarmist propaganda: It's been obvious for some time, that the science behind the most alarming claims about the effects of any putative global warming, is not only unsustainable but indefensible. We still of course get the occasional paper, trying to resurrect an old scare, which has already been demolished, but as happened with both the Shakun and Gergis papers, the climate skeptics simply tear them to pieces. Not only hasn't the paper succeeded in clawing back any ground, but because it gets eviscerated in public, it actually becomes a propaganda liability. This is the reason we're seeing fewer of such alarmist papers.
- 1100+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarm. This is a gold mine of information that would take weeks to explore.
- A global warming skeptic who's a lot smarter than Al Gore. Ever since the 1980s one of my favorite authors in the realm of science has been Freeman Dyson. The Princeton physicist has written books on a wide range of topic, from the potential perils of nuclear weapons to discoveries in the human genome. At the moment, I'm reading a book about him by his son George titled "Project Orion: The True Story of the Atomic Spaceship. "It's impossible to delve into Dyson's career without concluding he is several orders of magnitude smarter than the Al Gores of the world.
- The godfather of global warming lowers the boom on climate change hysteria. Two months ago, James Lovelock, the godfather of global warming, gave a startling interview to msnbc.com in which he acknowledged he had been unduly "alarmist" about climate change. The implications were extraordinary.
- Global Warming's Killer: Critical Thinking. We're told that skeptic scientists lie about all of the "death by a thousand cuts" evidence. We're told that they work for big coal and oilmuch like so-called expert shills were paid by tobacco industries to "manufacture doubt" about the hazards of smoking. Yet no reporter pushing that narrative bothers to show which peer-reviewed science journal-published paper written by a skeptic is an outright fabrication written in exchange for fossil fuel industry money. No reporter bothers to show how myriad examples of critical thinking reveal pre-existingnot manufactureddoubt about claims of evidence for global warming.
- Global warming: second thoughts of an environmentalist. One of Germany's earliest green energy investors, is not convinced that humanity is causing catastrophic global warming. For many years, I was an active supporter of the IPCC and its CO2 theory.Recent experience with the UN's climate panel, however, forced me to reassess my position. In February 2010, I was invited as a reviewer for the IPCC report on renewable energy. I realised that the drafting of the report was done in anything but a scientific manner. The report was littered with errors and a member of Greenpeace edited the final version. These developments shocked me.
- Lord of the Skeptics. In the community of global warming skeptics, Lord Monckton is legendary.With his background in the newspaper industry and exceptional communications skills, the former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher is often targeted as a prominent "heretic" of the man-made climate change movement.
- New paper shows Wyoming was warmer 6,000 years ago than the present. A paper published today [5/31/2012] in The Holocene finds that the elevation of the treeline in the Rocky Mountains of Wyoming was higher than the present from 9000 to 6000 years ago, indicating the climate was warmer during that period as compared to present temperatures. The paper adds to thousands of others indicating that the current warming period is not unprecedented nor unusual compared to natural warming in the past.
- It turns out the 'thought criminals' were right. The global warming scare has not continued to unfold as projected by those bent computer models on which it rested. Temperatures have not risen as predicted, the ice caps aren't melting, nor sea levels rising, nor hurricanes, droughts and heatwaves intensifying as we were assured they would.
- Environmentalist Icon Says He Overstated Climate Change. Not many years ago, a celebrated scientist predicted a global warming disaster awaited humanity. Today, that same scientist admits his warning was too "alarmist." It's time Al Gore turned his limousine around, too.
- 'I made a mistake': Gaia theory scientist James Lovelock. Environmental scientist James Lovelock, renowned for his terrifying predictions of climate change's deadly impact on the planet, has gone back on his previous claims, admitting they were 'alarmist'. The 92-year-old Briton, who also developed the Gaia theory of the Earth as a single organism, has said climate change is still happeningjust not as quickly as he once warned.
- Global warming icon: "we don't know what the climate is doing". Who is the latest global warming skeptic?James Lovelock, the man who 40 years ago helped develop the Gaia hypothesis. Just 6 years ago, James Lovelock forecast gloom and doom about the Earth in a fanciful article in the London newspaper, the Independent. Mankind would die off by the billions. Only a few survivors would be left, surviving in the Arctic area, which is odd since the Arctic is an ocean, not a continent.
- More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims. More than 1,000 dissenting scientists from around the globe have now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore.This new 2010 321-page Climate Depot Special Reportupdated from the 2007 groundbreaking U.S. Senate Report of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming "consensus"features the skeptical voices of over 1,000 international scientists, including many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN IPCC.
- NASA rocked by global warming rebellion. Fifty top astronauts, scientists and engineers at NASA have signed a letter asking the agency to cease its global warming buffoonery. The global warming emperor has no clothes, and people are finally saying so out loud and in public. The signers have a combined 1000 years of professional experience.
- NASA rebellion on global warming.The 85th Congress and President Eisenhower set up the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to explore space.Government bureaucrat James Hansen has used his position and NASA's reputation to advance an unscientific agenda that calls for government restrictions on all major industries and any other human activity in the bane of controlling carbon dioxide production. This junk science has made him a millionaire through income outside the government. He is a rogue government agent who no one seems able to supervise.Now 50 top former and current astronauts and NASA scientists and engineers have had enough. They want this crackpot stopped.
- Astronauts condemn NASA's global warming endorsement. In an unprecedented slap at NASA's endorsement of global warming science, nearly 50 former astronauts and scientistsincluding the ex-boss of the Johnson Space Centerclaim the agency is on the wrong side of science and must change course or ruin the reputation of the world's top space agency. Challenging statements from NASA that man is causing climate change, the former NASA executives demanded in a letter to Administrator Charles Bolden that he and the agency "refrain from including unproven remarks" supporting global warming in the media.
- Former Astronauts Protest NASA's Global Warming Activism. With proponents of the theory that human activity is the cause of global warming becoming increasingly defensive of their flawed theory, the joint letter signed by NASA veteransincluding several heroes of the space programis one more blow to a theory which has been losing ground in the realm of public opinion. And the letter is particularly critical of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, where both director Jim Hansen and climatologist Gavin Schmidt have been particularly vocal proponents of the theory of manmade climate change.
- 'Fakegate': Climate Change Fanatics Wage War on Dissenters. The rise of environmentalism, however, has generated a war on science, first by distorting it, and then by propagandizing the 'findings', studies' and resulting claims based on them. "The Heartland Institute, as a leading voice, led the effort to debunk the hoax through its sponsorship of six international conferences featuring scientists and others who presented papers demonstrating "that 0.038 percent of CO2 in the atmosphere had little or no "greenhouse" effect on the Earth's climate or weather events. "Heartland's six International Conferences on Climate Change (ICCC) attracted scientists worldwide, who employed science rather than pseudo-science in their presentations.
- Queensland turns the tide of environmental lunacy. No administration was "greener" than the one run by departing Queensland premier Anna Bligh. She believed in environmentalism with such a passion she entrusted her beloved husbandGreg Withers: head of Queensland's Office For Climate Changewith the task of turning Queensland into the solar powered, low-carbon, eco-paradise it very nearly is today. I say "very nearly" because incoming premier Campbell Newman has put a stop to all that. One of Newman's first prioritieswhich is why, of course, Queenslanders voted him inhas been to cancel most of Bligh's green boondoggle programmes.
- Monckton's Schenectady showdown. Traveling with Lord Monckton on the East Coast leg of his current whistle-stop tour of the US and Canada, I was looking forward to documenting the Schenectady showdown. I have had the pleasure of listening to His Lordship at previous campus events. He is at his best when confronted by a hostile audience. The angrier and more indignant they are, the more he seems to like it.
- Poll: Most independents reject global warming. Democrats are out of the mainstream when it comes to global warming. A Gallup Poll found that only 28% of independents believe in global warming (only 19% of Republicans do). But the Democratic Party continues to languish in its unscientific superstition that the sins of man's materialism will cause Gaia to punish us by creating Hell On Earth. A plurality of Democrats43%believe in global warming.
- Inhofe warns EPA moving to regulate carbon. If President Obama's Environmental Protection Agency proceeds with plans to bypass Congress and restrict carbon emissions through regulation, it will be even more costly to Americans than "cap and trade" legislation, Sen. James Inhofe, R-OK predicted in an interview with the Washington Examiner this week.Back in 2003, Inhofe stirred controversy when he declared, "With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it. "Ever since, he's been one of the most recognizable and dedicated skeptics of global warming.
- MIT prof: "there won't be much warming due to CO2". Here is one man who has studied global warming alongside all these super duper experts and he has come up to the same conclusion that 1973 Nobel Physics laureate Ivar Giaever: The science is not there to support this theory. So why are we allowing our politicians to bully us into wholesale changes in our economy? Barack Obama is using this silliness as a cover to give $35 billion in loan guarantees to "green" companies such as Solyndra, which not only went belly up but left behind a bunch of barrels of unknown goo. This nation has never had as many college graduatesor as many intellectual sheep.
- British Parliament heard devastating testimony overturning the global warming hoax. James Delingpole of The Telegraph reports that the British Parliament heard devastating testimony overturning the global warming hoax from MIT's Richard Lindzen who is the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences.
- Is catastrophic global warming a mistake just like the Millennium Bug?At a public meeting in British House of Commons, the climate scientist Professor Richard Lindzen of Massachusetts Institute of Technology has made a number of declarations that unsettle the claim that global warming is backed by "settled science". ... He gave us a slide with a series of familiar alarmsmelting ice caps, disappearing icebergs, receding glaciers, rising sea levels. It was published by the US Weather Bureau in 1922.And one further element of the consensus:there's been no increase in temperature for 15 years.
- AP calls out global warming scientist.For too long, proponents of the unproven and untested theory that man is causing global warming have received a free ride from the press, particularly Andrew Revkin of the New York Times. But global warmist Peter Gleick has not only turned Andrew Revkin against him, but Seth Borenstein of the Associated Pressanother reporter who suspends disbelief whenever the topic of climate change pops up.
- Germany's Top Environmentalist Turns Climate Sceptic. Fritz Vahrenholt, one of the fathers of Germany's environmental movement, no longer trusts the forecasts of the IPCC. Doubt came two years ago when he was an expert reviewer of an IPCC report on renewable energy. "I discovered numerous errors and asked myself if the other IPCC reports on climate change were similarly sloppy. I couldn't take it any more. I had to write this book."
- Germany's top environmentalist turns skeptic."The CO2 Lies ... pure fear-mongering ... should we blindly trust the experts? "That's what Germany's leading daily Bild wrote in its print and online editions today, on the very day that renowned publisher Hoffmann & Campe officially released a skeptic bookone written by a prominent socialist and environmental figure.
- Global Warming? No Natural Predictable Change. An extensively peer-reviewed study published last December in the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics indicates that observed climate changes since 1850 are linked to cyclical, predictable, naturally occurring events in Earth's solar system with little or no help from us.
- 'Germany's George Monbiot' turns climate sceptic. According to the Global Warming Policy Foundation's Benny Peiser, himself a former member of the German green movement, [Dr. Fritz] Vahrenholt's U-turn represents a huge blow to the climate alarmist camp.
- 'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'. Will reduced solar activity counteract global warming in the coming decades? That is what outgoing German electric utility executive Fritz Vahrenholt claims in a new book. In an interview with Spiegel, he argues that the official United Nations forecasts on the severity of climate change are overstated and supported by weak science.
- U.Va. professor throws cold water on global warming. Earth might be slightly warmer, and sea levels might be slightly higher, but the changes are natural and should not be blamed on fossil-fuel emissions, a panel of scientists and skeptics said at a public forum Tuesday [1/24/2012]."Human influence on the climate is very, very smallbarely detectable," S. Fred Singer, a critic of global warming and professor emeritus at the University of Virginia, told an audience at the Meyera Oberndorf Central Library.
- Two more scientist change sides in the AGW debate. Evidence is building toward the robust climate theory, which would mean that while there may be more CO2 being emitted, it has little to no effect on the overall climate. That, of course, is contrary to the AGW crowd's theory.
- Children just aren't going to know what sun is. So, to recap: a scientist from arguably Britain's most discredited university departmentthe Climatic Research Unit at the UEAmade a fool of himself and his employer by feeding to a newspaper wrongheaded disaster scenarios based on woefully inaccurate computer projections, thus lending spurious credibility to a massive media scaremongering campaign which has led to the squandering of billions of pounds on an entirely unnecessary scheme to "decarbonise" the UK economy. His reward for this was to be granted a taxpayer-funded salary to go round the world spreading more abject nonsense about a mostly non-existent threat called "climate change." [Dr.David] Viner is not the exception:he is the rule. We have a right, I think, to start getting very angry indeed.
- Scientists: Chill on global warming. Sixteen actual scientists have joined 1973 Nobel-winning physicist Ivar Giaever in calling global warming concerns overblown. In a letter published in the Wall Street Journal today, the scientists called for everyone to remain calmand mocked the alarmism by UN bureaucrats over global warming and carbon dioxide. They recommended that the world do nothing about global warming for the next 50 years.
- No Need to Panic About Global Warming. A candidate for public office in any contemporary democracy may have to consider what, if anything, to do about "global warming. "Candidates should understand that the oft-repeated claim that nearly all scientists demand that something dramatic be done to stop global warming is not true. In fact, a large and growing number of distinguished scientists and engineers do not agree that drastic actions on global warming are needed. There's no compelling scientific argument for drastic action to 'decarbonize' the world's economy.
- Signing Global Warming's Death Certificate. The combined credentials of these men represent some of the best minds on planet Earth in their respective fields.What brought them together? On the surface it was just another of the countless articles that have been published over the years as scientists of real merit and courage took on the juggernaut of those for whom global warming had become a vast flow of government and foundation funding. The effort was to "prove" that carbon dioxide (CO2) was building up in the atmosphere and would soon incinerate Earth by trapping the heat from the sun. It had not done that in the 5.4 billion years of the Earth's existence, but the "warmists" claims came day after day and year after year.They permeated every aspect of society and you can go into any school in America and find textbooks still selling this garbage.
- The Coup de Grace for Global Warming Catastrophe? It is a typically dense article filled with all of the usual qualifiers, but several things make this a bombshell and a blow to the catastrophist narrative. First, this study was conducted by the Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis of Environment Canada, which is Canada's EPA, so the climate campaigners can't use their favorite talking point that this comes from a private, fossil-fuel funded skeptic outfit. Second, there is no disguising that the finding of this model, along with recent similar studies, that global warming is overestimated by roughly a factor of two in the usual models the IPCC uses.
- Climate Change Doubts Heat Up the Classroom.Teachers reportedly are getting push-back on middle and high school curricula that fuel the speculation that man is warming the planet.Their frustration is almost worthy of a celebration.
- Students rebel against Gorepaganda. Actually, most Americans accepted climate change/global warming on face value 20 years ago. Then came Climategate in 2009 which showed that far from being scientists, climatologists are propagandists who cherry-pick and manipulate data in concert with one another in order to push their agenda.
- Heretics in the classroom. In the last few years school boards and state legislatures in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Tennessee have introduced a requirement that science teachers acknowledge in their classroom instruction that the theory of AGW isn't "settled" science and that climate skepticism is a valid scientific position.Los Angeles Times reporter Neela Banerjee, who like so many MSM reporters starts with the assumption that AGW is an incontrovertible fact, and that skeptics are self-evidently wrong, opens her news report by begging the question with a false equivalence.
- Progressives Crave Energy Scarcities. An all-purpose rationale for rationing in its many permutations has been the progressives' preferred apocalypse, the fear of climate change.But environmentalism as the thin end of an enormous wedge of regulation and redistribution is a spent force. How many Americans noticed that the latest United Nations climate change confabulation occurred in December in Durban, South Africa?The futility of this nullity signaled the endprobably for decades, if not foreverof a trivial pursuit that began 14 years ago with the Kyoto Protocol, which the U.S. Senate would not even bring to a vote.
- Gingrich Kills Chapter on Climate Change in Upcoming Book. Newt Gingrich says he has killed a chapter on climate change in a post-election book of essays about the environment. But the intended author of the chapter, who supports the scientific consensus that humans contribute to climate change, says that's news to her.
- Modern-day climate change witch hunt. Perhaps the reason the public's cynicism towards environmentalism goes up a notch whenever it snows is because for the past 10 years, before the recent big freezes set in, environmentalists told us we'd never see snow again. "Snow is starting to disappear from our lives", declared the Independent in March 2000, quoting an expert from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Angliaa major producer of climate-change infosaying that "children just aren't going to know what snow is". Mark Lynas, one of Britain's chief climate-change alarmists, told us in 2004 to prepare for life on a "hotter planet" in which "the traditional British winter [is] probably gone for good".
- Tent Collapsing on Climate Change Circus. The US "has" abundant energy supplies; the EU "has not. "The EU has to depend on schemes like carbon trading, about which Rob Elsworth of the climate-campaign group Sandbag in London said: "is a pretty important revenue stream for most member states. "He asks, "If you take away this green-economy narrative, what's really left of Europe? "The EU's economic crisis provides the US with living proof that we do not want to play in the global-government game where the "haves" are expected to carry the "have nots."
- Lead global warming author quits IPCC project. The UN's global warming unit, IPCC, is so discredited that "it is not clear how much additional benefit there is to having a huge bureaucratic scientific review effort under UN auspices" said Ken Caldeira in announcing that he is resigning as one of its leading authors on the next IPCC report. The previous one won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2007. Outside of a few skeptical bloggers, you will not see this story anywhere else.
- The Contrarians Have Better Data. Prof. Michael E. Mann writes ("Climate Contrarians Ignore Overwhelming Evidence," Letters, Dec. 5) that his 1999 "hockey stick" graph "showed that average temperatures today are higher than they have been for at least the past 1,000 years. "But Mr. Mann's paper only covered the northern hemisphere. It included the questionable use of annual bristlecone-pine tree rings for temperature reconstruction. Even then, it replaced some tree-ring data with estimates. Tree-ring series that showed a 20th-century uptick were given 390 times the weighting of other series, according to a 2005 study by Ross McKitrick, an environmental economist at the University of Guelph.
- Climate talks, then climate tax. Meanwhile, back in America, the warmist arguments increasingly are facing challenge. Today's temperature changes are indistinguishable from historic climate cycles, and the public is beginning to notice that renewable-energy schemes are unaffordable luxuries.
- Don't pretend we know what causes climate change. Not only is the Kyoto Protocol technically flawed, the so-called science behind it is utter twaddle. Never mind complicated things like non-linear mathematics or, indeed, mathematics of any sort. The alarmists can't possibly know how to predict the future of Earth's climate because they can't explain its past.
- The Great Global Warming Fizzle. First released on the eve of the Copenhagen climate summit two years ago and recently updated by a fresh batch, the "hide the decline" emails were an endless source of fun and lurid fascination for those of us who had never been convinced by the global-warming thesis in the first place.But the real reason they mattered is that they introduced a note of caution into an enterprise whose motivating appeal resided in its increasingly frantic forecasts of catastrophe.Papers were withdrawn; source material re-examined. The Himalayan glaciers, it turned out, weren't going to melt in 30 years. Nobody can say for sure how high the seas are likely to riseif much at all. Greenland isn't turning green. Florida isn't going anywhere.
- America's Energy Policy: Green or Red? Global Warming Alarmism today drives energy policy with politicized science. Consider this: What if there is no Global Warming? What if the number of drowned Polar Bears this year is fewer than the number of drowned Polar bears 1000 years ago, icecaps are not melting, there are no biblical floods, and "climate change" is simply "weather"?What if disinformation, misinformation, and politicized science are tricking us into killing jobs and destroying prosperity?
- Scientist who said climate change skeptics had been proved wrong accused of hiding truth by colleague. It was hailed as the scientific study that ended the global warming debate once and for allthe research that, in the words of its director, 'proved you should not be a sceptic, at least not any longer'. It was cited uncritically by, among others, reporters and commentators from the BBC, The Independent, The Guardian, The Economist and numerous media outlets in America.The Washington Post said the BEST study had 'settled the climate change debate' and showed that anyone who remained a sceptic was committing a 'cynical fraud'.But today [10/30/2011] The Mail on Sunday can reveal that a leading member of Prof Muller's team has accused him of trying to mislead the public by hiding the fact that BEST's research shows global warming has stopped.
- How many eco-frauds can dance on a pin? Prof Judith Curry, who chairs the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at America's prestigious Georgia Institute of Technology, said that Prof Muller's claim that he has proven global warming sceptics wrong was also a 'huge mistake', with no scientific basis. Prof Curry is a distinguished climate researcher with more than 30 years experience and the second named co-author of the BEST project's four research papers. Her comments, in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, seem certain to ignite a furious academic row.
- Time for Another Climate Science Scandal. Note well that BEST's data was drawn exclusively from land-based temperature readings, since AGW alarmists were concerned that the inclusion of cooler ocean-based readings might understate the severity of the warming "crisis. "And yet, the apparent warming trend still stalled, even within this cherry-picked data.
- Scientific case for man-made global warming fears is dead. Recent scientific data and developments reveal that Mother Nature is playing a cruel joke on the promoters of man-made climate fears. The scientific reality is that on virtually every claim, the scientific case for man-made climate fears has collapsed. The only thing "worse than we thought" is the shoddy journalism of the mainstream media, which parrots global warming activists' baseless talking points.
Reprinted With Permission
Updated February 26, 2014.
©2014 by Andrew K. Dart