The John Birch Society (JBS) is an American political advocacy group that supports anti-communism, limited government, and a constitutional republic. It has been described as radical right, and from its earliest days has faced much ridicule and derision from mainstream and leftist opposition. However, it's obvious that we failed to heed the advice Welch offered in this video, and now we are paying dividends to those forces he rightfully opposed.
Established in Indianapolis, Indiana, on December 9, 1958, by a group of 12 led by Robert Welch, Jr., a retired candy manufacturer from Belmont, Massachusetts. Welch named the new organization after John Birch, an American Baptist missionary and United States military intelligence officer who had been shot by communist forces in China in August 1945, shortly after the conclusion of World War II. Welch claimed that Birch was an unknown but dedicated anti-communist, and the first American casualty of the Cold War.
Welch developed an elaborate organizational infrastructure in 1958 that enabled him to keep a very tight rein on the chapters. After an early rise in membership and influence, opposing efforts by people like conservative William F. Buckley, Jr. and The National Review led the JBS to be identified as a fringe element of the conservative movement, mostly in fear of the radicalization of the American right. It should be noted that oil industrialist Fred C. Koch, founder of Koch Industries, and father of the infamous brothers Charles and David Koch still operating today, was one of the Society's founding members.
The Price of Compromise "Some cultures do not compromise. Take the example of Islam. Islam is now culture, now religion, now political system and now race. It can be anything, depending on the situation. However, Islam cannot change. You cannot water it down, reform it or modernize it.
The Qu'ran is emphatic that Islam is perfect (Q: 5:3). No Muslim will tolerate reforming his religion that was perfected by God. Consequently, the only culture that will have to give in to the point of extinction will be the Western culture."
The Wages of Influence "One facet of this sad disagreement, criticism, and rejection, of each other's religious beliefs, all of them, in the discourse that is not going so well, is to pray for the ancestors in the spirit world, that preceded the domination of their posterity who came under false ideology, of a bellicose, combative nature. The spirit world does not organize under falsehood forever. There used to be compartments of Presbyterianism, Methodism, etc, etc. but one of the tasks of the man born without blood ties to Satan is to open up the spirit world. People do not realize this, but pretty near all the people who have died are still influencing the world because of their selfishness. Even the relatively small segment of spirit world which claims a transcendent value perspective. Therefore Jesus went into the spirit world, and opened up the realm in which his antecedents pioneered. Prayer is one front on the unified front against false idols. Deep patient prayer. Not 20 minute prayers. We should appeal to the people that lived in the Middle East and Indonesia, that once existed, in regions, previously not dominated by Islam, as if they exist now, because they do, and their religion results in poverty, and eternal war, this prayer, can cause them to influence their dependents to gradually come more into line with the central theme of God's Providence. The spirit world with its many expressions of selfishness, compels people to be selfish, and to live in iniquity, and misfortune. God is interested in people's well being, if He was not there would be no reason to pursue Him. This is for people that are so inclined to prayer, but it must be coupled with what expands the body of Christ."
(Adapted from an article originally penned by one Dewie Whetsell, an Alaskan fisherman publishing in the Canadian Free Press)
Step up to the plate and take a few high inside and quite interesting facts on two very different ladies. Sarah Palin is a dynamo, a quick study when the time is right. Whether you're a Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, or Republican—the second half of this email should make all of us more than a little sick. The last 45 of my 66 years I’ve spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics, well, until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES.” Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, “don’t let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as “pork.” She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the “when-hell-freezes-over” stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we’ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning—I imagine—that she’s packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn’t impress you, then you’re trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn’t start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that’s just a cover-up. I’m still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won’t be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to Alaska after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn’t let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the Democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents’ wives.
So “You go, Girl.” I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals. I rest my case. Only fools who hide behind their own bigotry listen to the biased media. If you’ve read this far, prepare yourself for some glitz and glamour, Hollywood style, paid for your tax dollars at work. First Madame Michelle Obama’s servant list and pay scale will undoubtedly soil your undies. The current First Lady requires more than twenty personal attendants as if she were competing with the most self-delivering queens history has ever known.
$172,200 – Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
$140,000 – Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
$113,000 – Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
$102,000 – Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
$100,000 – Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$90,000 – Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$84,000 – Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
$75,000 – Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
$70,000 – Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
$65,000 – Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$64,000 – Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$62,000 – Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
$60,000 – Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
$57,500 – Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
$52,500 – Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
$50,000 – Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
$45,000 – Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
$43,000 – Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
$40,000 – Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$36,000 – Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
$35,000 – Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)(This is community organizing at it’s finest.)
Nhere has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady’s social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President’s own pocket. This is first lady fraud and racketeering.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and “First Hairstylist” Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .
FRIENDS…..THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL….MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT’S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT’S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????
And yet, remember how the liberal media squealed when the Republican Party with their own funds spent a mere $150K on some new clothes for their "backwater" VP candidate? What does this say for the First Lady's need to shine over and above her own natural station, Chicago daughter of middle class schoolteachers? Yes, Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press has to publish this because the USA media is too scared they might be considered racist. Sorry USA!
As vivid as the gas flares in the Texas sky at night, is America’s new-found love affair with fracking. Environmentalists from both the left and among libertarians warn loudly of water contamination disasters and some home owners speak of being rattled by man-made earthquakes, but there is no giving it up the pace now. It’s a whole different world to 2008, when the US oil production snapshot was at a historical low and Sarah Palin was drawing liberal ire declaring that “Drill, Baby Drill!” was the answer to all of America’s problems. Suddenly she seems to have been right, and there is still the Canadian pipeline to be built.
America will see captured output touch 70 billion cubic feet a day in 2014, reaching over 100 billion cubic feet per day by 2040. In the past days, Bills have been tabled in both houses of Congress demanding that the federal government speed up the granting of licences to companies to export natural gas across the Atlantic precisely to reduce the dependency of Western Europe and Ukraine on Russian supplies. Among those wading in is House Speaker John Boehner. “The US Department of Energy’s excruciatingly slow approval process amounts to a de facto ban on American natural gas exports that Vladimir Putin has happily exploited to finance his geopolitical goals,” he said in a statement last week.
Building the infrastructure to export quantities needed to alter the energy politics of Europe will take several years. Nor will changes in America’s foreign policy stance because of its newfound oil fortunes become obvious overnight.
How long America’s shale boom will last is hard to forecast. In Texas, which on its own is set to increase production to 4 million barrels a day this year, the drilling peak still hasn’t been reached, says one expert. But, he suggests, “in the end it’s not the oil fields or the wells that will determine where all this goes. It’s the politicians around the world who set the price and make the markets.” Increasingly, the decisions that matter will rest with the US, as it adjusts to its new status as a glut producer.
It was not until the last 24 hours, after 13 days of siege, that a real battle ensued. In the battle, the Alamo defenders fought valiantly and nearly all were killed including Jim Travis,Jim Bowie, and Davey Crockett.
The defense of the Alamo allowed General Sam Houston to build a large enough army to route Santa Anna and his men. “Remember The Alamo” was a constant battle cry at the Battle of San Jacinto, six weeks later. In the battle that lasted only 18 minutes, roughly 630 Mexican troops were killed and 730 captured while only 9 Texans died. Three weeks after being captured, Santa Anna signed a peace treaty, paving the way for the Republic of Texas.
The men who fought and died in Texas were ordinary people who took up arms to defend a great country. With the threat of death hovering above them for 13 days, they refused to leave their post (yes, a very tiny group did) and surrender. Even Davey Crockett, a man who already served as a United States Congressman, took up arms to defend Texas. Nearly all politicians today can learn a very big lesson from the men who lost their lives. There is a greater good besides your own self-interests. Politicians need to stop their petty differences and make the correct political sacrifices even if it costs them their career. They must be able to stand up to the political correctness without worry about what the consequences might be.
Ted Cruz is a Texan, and he acts like it. He is not afraid of demonizing his own party and possibly sacrificing his career in order to bring our country back to what the founding fathers fought for. The American people have had enough of the political correctness that has been drowning this country and holding us back from the being the great power we used to be. Washington should mark this day, March 6, as National “Remember the Alamo” day in honor of those who gave their lives and the selfless sacrifices they made.